The majority of us need to de-stress, either from an event like an exam or from a busy lifestyle in general. Sometimes, work, relationships, society and even blogging can get too much and a little TLC is required. I’m a huge advocate for self-care and taking time out, especially for aiding your mental health. Recently, I’ve found several effective ways of de-stressing and here are some of my favourites. Why not use some of these as inspiration for the next time you need unwind.
21 ways to de-stress from a busy life
- Meditation – This is one of my favourite ways to relax. I’ve been using the Calm app every night for the past few months and I’ve found it beneficial in aiding how I respond to situations. It costs around £50 per year but as less than £1 per week, it’s worth the investment.
- Walking – Walking is so underrated. Granted, it’s difficult to take a walk when it’s freezing cold but now the warmer weather is on its way, its perfect for taking a 10 – 15 minutes walk. I find taking an evening stroll helps to clear my mind and promotes sleep.
- Use a lavender spray – If you’re feeling stressed at night, spritz a little lavender spray (I use the Neom Sleep Pillow Mist) onto the back of your pillow and it’ll help you to relax.
- Take a relaxing bath
- Read a book
- Paint – The Wonder Forest has some amazing paint with me videos on YouTube!
- Cross stitch – The Make Arcade have some cute kits.
- Eat a couple of squares of dark chocolate
- Listen to music – You can get 50% off Spotify if you’re a student.
- Cook up some treats in the kitchen
- Have a massage
- Take a break from social media
- Watch a funny show or movie
- Keep a journal – Writing a thought journal is a great way to clear your mind.
- Use a colouring book – These are surprisingly calming.
- Do yoga – Yoga with Adriene is an amazing YouTube channel.
- Go for a tea or coffee with a friend
- Take a power nap
- Have a pamper night – masks, nails, hair
- Spend time with a loved one
Let me know if you try any of these!0